Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trouble in Pendleton?

Today a dear old friend, Marc Farrer, texted me while I was driving to Greenwood to watch Jackass 3D. Suffice it to say Marc dropped a real bomb on me. He claimed he wished to sell his beautiful (freshly restored) 1968 SS Camaro soon! Wow, I was there when the car was merely primer and a middle-aged friend's dream. I was also there when it came out of the body shop. He even let me drive the car. That was a bittersweet moment because I was sincerely happy for my childhood friend, but so jealous that I wanted to punch him in the head. It was smooth, loud, fast and super tight for a 68'. I thought about the derelict 1969 SS Chevelle rotting in my garage and I slipped into a mini depression. Damn this Camaro was (is) SO sweet.

My initial response to Marc's text message included slight chest pains (although I replied calmly), "Um, ugh Marc, we probably need to chat first". So tomorrow we will meet at high noon to discuss his intentions. Perhaps we'll do a bit of soul searching. I've never talked anyone down from a ledge before. This could be my big chance to help a friend and fellow classic car enthusiast through a weak moment. In the meantime, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and participate in the poll entitled: "What is the real reason Marc Farrer wants to sell his beloved Camaro"? and tell Marc what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment